Choosing the right casino is a crucial decision that will influence your entire online gambling experience. Casinos vary in terms of features, bonuses, game selection, payment methods, and other factors, but their most important aspect is whether they treat their players fairly.
Many online casinos use predatory practices to trick players, decline withdrawals without legitimate reasons, and unfairly increase their profits at the expense of players.
Types of casino games
Online casinos allow players to play many types of casino games, which can be found in a huge variety of configurations. These games vary in their complexity, so not all games are suitable for beginners.
For example, in slots, you generally just press a button and wait for the result of the game round to see whether you won or lost. However, games like blackjack and video poker require you to make decisions. Both of these games generally have a very high theoretical Return to Player rate (RTP), but you need to make the right decisions to achieve this. If you make bad decisions, the actual RTP of your play can fall to very small numbers.
Online casino bonuses
Bonuses are one of the main ways of attracting new players. They generally seem very tempting. That is their purpose, after all. No deposit bonuses give you a chance to play and possibly even win something that’s free, while deposit bonuses give you extra funds to play with alongside your deposit. There are other kinds of casino bonuses, but these two are the most prevalent and popular.
However, bonuses come with strings attached, in the form of terms and conditions, which can be extremely limiting. These define what you can and cannot do when playing with an active bonus, or even how much you can win from it. It is crucial that you know about these rules and follow them, as not doing so will most likely result in your bonus and any potential winnings being taken away from you.
Here are some of the most common bonus rules:
- Wagering requirements – you can’t just take your bonus money and withdraw it. First, you need to play with your bonus funds and wager a certain amount in total, in order to convert your bonus funds into real, withdrawable money.
- Maximum bet – the maximum bet you can place while playing with bonus funds is often limited.
- Maximum win – the amount of real money you can win from your bonus is often limited, too. This is most common with no-deposit bonuses, but some deposit bonuses have a maximum-win restriction as well.
- Restricted countries – bonuses are generally available only to players in selected countries.
- Restricted games – when playing with bonus funds, your game selection is often limited. Bets placed on restricted games don’t count towards wagering requirements. Playing restricted games can even lead to your bonus winnings being canceled altogether.
One important consideration for novice players is that it is often better for them to play without a bonus than with it. All the rules described in the terms and conditions make playing with bonus funds very
limiting and much less lucrative than it may seem at first glance.